Hwy 371 - Nisswa to Baxter

Share Hwy 371 - Nisswa to Baxter on Facebook Share Hwy 371 - Nisswa to Baxter on Twitter Share Hwy 371 - Nisswa to Baxter on Linkedin Email Hwy 371 - Nisswa to Baxter link

We are studying Hwy 371 between View full-size mapBaxter and Nisswa in Crow Wing County. This roadway is critical for both the local community and the greater region. The purpose of the study is to gain an understanding of the needs, identify potential future improvements, and determine how and when these improvements should be implemented. The study will include an analysis of traffic, safety, land use, demographics and development.

Study goals

• Understand Hwy 371 needs
  • Identify future improvements
  • Develop recommendations for Hwy 371
  • Inform upcoming pavement and safety improvements

Your input helps us

• Define the issues
  • Establish project goals
  • Develop alternative design concepts
  • Determine a vision for Hwy 371

Phase one engagement

Click here to read a summary of engagement from August to November of 2023

Future interchange at Hwy 210 and 371—Baxter

MnDOT, in partnership with the city of Baxter and Crow Wing County, will design and construct a future interchange at the busy intersection of Hwy 210 and Hwy 371. Read more about the project.

We are studying Hwy 371 between View full-size mapBaxter and Nisswa in Crow Wing County. This roadway is critical for both the local community and the greater region. The purpose of the study is to gain an understanding of the needs, identify potential future improvements, and determine how and when these improvements should be implemented. The study will include an analysis of traffic, safety, land use, demographics and development.

Study goals

• Understand Hwy 371 needs
  • Identify future improvements
  • Develop recommendations for Hwy 371
  • Inform upcoming pavement and safety improvements

Your input helps us

• Define the issues
  • Establish project goals
  • Develop alternative design concepts
  • Determine a vision for Hwy 371

Phase one engagement

Click here to read a summary of engagement from August to November of 2023

Future interchange at Hwy 210 and 371—Baxter

MnDOT, in partnership with the city of Baxter and Crow Wing County, will design and construct a future interchange at the busy intersection of Hwy 210 and Hwy 371. Read more about the project.

Send us your comments or questions

Provide feedback or ask questions about this study

If you have any questions or comments, please submit them below and we will do our best to get back to you within 3 business days. 

MnDOT may share your comments and questions on this site. If you would prefer for your post to remain private, please indicate that along with your message below. 

loader image
Didn't receive confirmation?
Seems like you are already registered, please provide the password. Forgot your password? Create a new one now.
  • Share Can something be done about the intersection of 371 & Woida Rd.? Specifically on the East side. There are numerous driveways and frontage road accesses that make it difficult to maneuver through that area. on Facebook Share Can something be done about the intersection of 371 & Woida Rd.? Specifically on the East side. There are numerous driveways and frontage road accesses that make it difficult to maneuver through that area. on Twitter Share Can something be done about the intersection of 371 & Woida Rd.? Specifically on the East side. There are numerous driveways and frontage road accesses that make it difficult to maneuver through that area. on Linkedin Email Can something be done about the intersection of 371 & Woida Rd.? Specifically on the East side. There are numerous driveways and frontage road accesses that make it difficult to maneuver through that area. link

Can something be done about the intersection of 371 & Woida Rd.? Specifically on the East side. There are numerous driveways and frontage road accesses that make it difficult to maneuver through that area.

Lforde1224 asked 9 months ago

Thank you for your input on the Hwy 371 Nisswa to Baxter study. We’ve added your comments to the feedback received from the public.

• Share You’re asking for input on Hwy 371 from Baxter to Nisswa which you have highlighted. Additionally we need part of the new safety corridor on Hwy 371 looked into between Nisswa and Pequot Lakes, which is now four lanes with an increased speed limit. Most of the new corridor is working well. Unfortunately, not all of the new corridor is safer. There is huge concern over the increased danger that is now present at the intersection of Hwy 371 & County road 107/Wilderness road since new safety corridor was completed. There have been deadly T-Bone accidents with fatalities and severe injuries. We all know accidents happen. But we also know this intersection has become more deadly. Many home owners in area were informed by mayor Gardner of Pequot lakes that this intersection was under study and was in the hands of local legislators now. Please let me know if that is true. Whether J turns are added or signage with blinking lights indicating blind intersection ahead with slower speeds, something needs to happen sooner then later before more fatal crashes take place. Thank you and God Bless you, Joel Thordson 6285 Wilderness Rd Pequot Lakes Mn 56472 763-923-1307 on Facebook Share You’re asking for input on Hwy 371 from Baxter to Nisswa which you have highlighted. Additionally we need part of the new safety corridor on Hwy 371 looked into between Nisswa and Pequot Lakes, which is now four lanes with an increased speed limit. Most of the new corridor is working well. Unfortunately, not all of the new corridor is safer. There is huge concern over the increased danger that is now present at the intersection of Hwy 371 & County road 107/Wilderness road since new safety corridor was completed. There have been deadly T-Bone accidents with fatalities and severe injuries. We all know accidents happen. But we also know this intersection has become more deadly. Many home owners in area were informed by mayor Gardner of Pequot lakes that this intersection was under study and was in the hands of local legislators now. Please let me know if that is true. Whether J turns are added or signage with blinking lights indicating blind intersection ahead with slower speeds, something needs to happen sooner then later before more fatal crashes take place. Thank you and God Bless you, Joel Thordson 6285 Wilderness Rd Pequot Lakes Mn 56472 763-923-1307 on Twitter Share You’re asking for input on Hwy 371 from Baxter to Nisswa which you have highlighted. Additionally we need part of the new safety corridor on Hwy 371 looked into between Nisswa and Pequot Lakes, which is now four lanes with an increased speed limit. Most of the new corridor is working well. Unfortunately, not all of the new corridor is safer. There is huge concern over the increased danger that is now present at the intersection of Hwy 371 & County road 107/Wilderness road since new safety corridor was completed. There have been deadly T-Bone accidents with fatalities and severe injuries. We all know accidents happen. But we also know this intersection has become more deadly. Many home owners in area were informed by mayor Gardner of Pequot lakes that this intersection was under study and was in the hands of local legislators now. Please let me know if that is true. Whether J turns are added or signage with blinking lights indicating blind intersection ahead with slower speeds, something needs to happen sooner then later before more fatal crashes take place. Thank you and God Bless you, Joel Thordson 6285 Wilderness Rd Pequot Lakes Mn 56472 763-923-1307 on Linkedin Email You’re asking for input on Hwy 371 from Baxter to Nisswa which you have highlighted. Additionally we need part of the new safety corridor on Hwy 371 looked into between Nisswa and Pequot Lakes, which is now four lanes with an increased speed limit. Most of the new corridor is working well. Unfortunately, not all of the new corridor is safer. There is huge concern over the increased danger that is now present at the intersection of Hwy 371 & County road 107/Wilderness road since new safety corridor was completed. There have been deadly T-Bone accidents with fatalities and severe injuries. We all know accidents happen. But we also know this intersection has become more deadly. Many home owners in area were informed by mayor Gardner of Pequot lakes that this intersection was under study and was in the hands of local legislators now. Please let me know if that is true. Whether J turns are added or signage with blinking lights indicating blind intersection ahead with slower speeds, something needs to happen sooner then later before more fatal crashes take place. Thank you and God Bless you, Joel Thordson 6285 Wilderness Rd Pequot Lakes Mn 56472 763-923-1307 link

You’re asking for input on Hwy 371 from Baxter to Nisswa which you have highlighted. Additionally we need part of the new safety corridor on Hwy 371 looked into between Nisswa and Pequot Lakes, which is now four lanes with an increased speed limit. Most of the new corridor is working well. Unfortunately, not all of the new corridor is safer. There is huge concern over the increased danger that is now present at the intersection of Hwy 371 & County road 107/Wilderness road since new safety corridor was completed. There have been deadly T-Bone accidents with fatalities and severe injuries. We all know accidents happen. But we also know this intersection has become more deadly. Many home owners in area were informed by mayor Gardner of Pequot lakes that this intersection was under study and was in the hands of local legislators now. Please let me know if that is true. Whether J turns are added or signage with blinking lights indicating blind intersection ahead with slower speeds, something needs to happen sooner then later before more fatal crashes take place. Thank you and God Bless you, Joel Thordson 6285 Wilderness Rd Pequot Lakes Mn 56472 763-923-1307

Joel Thordson asked 9 months ago

Thank you for contacting the study team. We’ve noted your comments on the Hwy 371 and Wilderness Road intersection. Your comments will be shared with MnDOT district staff to help inform future projects.

• Share We are more concerned about the intersection just north of Nisswa where Wilderness Road (south 77) connects with 371---it is a very busy intersection and is almost impossible to turn south...traffic is going 65 at this point and is hard to cross..... on Facebook Share We are more concerned about the intersection just north of Nisswa where Wilderness Road (south 77) connects with 371---it is a very busy intersection and is almost impossible to turn south...traffic is going 65 at this point and is hard to cross..... on Twitter Share We are more concerned about the intersection just north of Nisswa where Wilderness Road (south 77) connects with 371---it is a very busy intersection and is almost impossible to turn south...traffic is going 65 at this point and is hard to cross..... on Linkedin Email We are more concerned about the intersection just north of Nisswa where Wilderness Road (south 77) connects with 371---it is a very busy intersection and is almost impossible to turn south...traffic is going 65 at this point and is hard to cross..... link

We are more concerned about the intersection just north of Nisswa where Wilderness Road (south 77) connects with 371---it is a very busy intersection and is almost impossible to turn south...traffic is going 65 at this point and is hard to cross.....

Norma asked 9 months ago

Thank you for contacting the study team. We’ve noted your comments on the Hwy 371 and Wilderness Road intersection. Your comments will be shared with MnDOT district staff to help inform future projects.

• Share This survey has to do with Baxter to Nisswa. My concern is two miles north of Nisswa art the intesection of 371 and Wilderness Road. This is a very dangerous area with long sweeping curves on 371 from both directions that is very difficult to tell what lanes traffic is in as well as a bicycle bridge that blocks the view oF north bound 371 traffic several accidents to date with one fatality so far. on Facebook Share This survey has to do with Baxter to Nisswa. My concern is two miles north of Nisswa art the intesection of 371 and Wilderness Road. This is a very dangerous area with long sweeping curves on 371 from both directions that is very difficult to tell what lanes traffic is in as well as a bicycle bridge that blocks the view oF north bound 371 traffic several accidents to date with one fatality so far. on Twitter Share This survey has to do with Baxter to Nisswa. My concern is two miles north of Nisswa art the intesection of 371 and Wilderness Road. This is a very dangerous area with long sweeping curves on 371 from both directions that is very difficult to tell what lanes traffic is in as well as a bicycle bridge that blocks the view oF north bound 371 traffic several accidents to date with one fatality so far. on Linkedin Email This survey has to do with Baxter to Nisswa. My concern is two miles north of Nisswa art the intesection of 371 and Wilderness Road. This is a very dangerous area with long sweeping curves on 371 from both directions that is very difficult to tell what lanes traffic is in as well as a bicycle bridge that blocks the view oF north bound 371 traffic several accidents to date with one fatality so far. link

This survey has to do with Baxter to Nisswa. My concern is two miles north of Nisswa art the intesection of 371 and Wilderness Road. This is a very dangerous area with long sweeping curves on 371 from both directions that is very difficult to tell what lanes traffic is in as well as a bicycle bridge that blocks the view oF north bound 371 traffic several accidents to date with one fatality so far.

Lowell asked 9 months ago

• Share Why wasnt there a traffic signal installed outside bir insteaf of the j turns. I get they work but all the big campers and haulers have to cross both lanes of northbound traffic which spreads out to almost constant traffic from cr29 traff8c light and then they have to wait to swing out across both lanes of southbound traffic which again is almost constant from cr13 traffic light. There is to much distance between either light that traffic spreads out to much. And with as many large events that are held there its only a matter of time before theres more serious injurys from a crash on Facebook Share Why wasnt there a traffic signal installed outside bir insteaf of the j turns. I get they work but all the big campers and haulers have to cross both lanes of northbound traffic which spreads out to almost constant traffic from cr29 traff8c light and then they have to wait to swing out across both lanes of southbound traffic which again is almost constant from cr13 traffic light. There is to much distance between either light that traffic spreads out to much. And with as many large events that are held there its only a matter of time before theres more serious injurys from a crash on Twitter Share Why wasnt there a traffic signal installed outside bir insteaf of the j turns. I get they work but all the big campers and haulers have to cross both lanes of northbound traffic which spreads out to almost constant traffic from cr29 traff8c light and then they have to wait to swing out across both lanes of southbound traffic which again is almost constant from cr13 traffic light. There is to much distance between either light that traffic spreads out to much. And with as many large events that are held there its only a matter of time before theres more serious injurys from a crash on Linkedin Email Why wasnt there a traffic signal installed outside bir insteaf of the j turns. I get they work but all the big campers and haulers have to cross both lanes of northbound traffic which spreads out to almost constant traffic from cr29 traff8c light and then they have to wait to swing out across both lanes of southbound traffic which again is almost constant from cr13 traffic light. There is to much distance between either light that traffic spreads out to much. And with as many large events that are held there its only a matter of time before theres more serious injurys from a crash link

Why wasnt there a traffic signal installed outside bir insteaf of the j turns. I get they work but all the big campers and haulers have to cross both lanes of northbound traffic which spreads out to almost constant traffic from cr29 traff8c light and then they have to wait to swing out across both lanes of southbound traffic which again is almost constant from cr13 traffic light. There is to much distance between either light that traffic spreads out to much. And with as many large events that are held there its only a matter of time before theres more serious injurys from a crash

Kubesh Austin asked 9 months ago

Thank you for your input on the Hwy 371 Nisswa to Baxter study. This area will be evaluated with this study. We’ve added your comment to the feedback received from the public.

• Share I don't want to see 371 lose it's tree or beauty. This is Up North not the cities and I want it to maintain it's woody, grassy and beauty. No more cement and tar. Natural flowers and trees for us to enjoy. I live here year round and I want to see the naturalness. If you are speeding to your vacation destination and don't want to look at it, fine don't. But don't take it away from those that love it. on Facebook Share I don't want to see 371 lose it's tree or beauty. This is Up North not the cities and I want it to maintain it's woody, grassy and beauty. No more cement and tar. Natural flowers and trees for us to enjoy. I live here year round and I want to see the naturalness. If you are speeding to your vacation destination and don't want to look at it, fine don't. But don't take it away from those that love it. on Twitter Share I don't want to see 371 lose it's tree or beauty. This is Up North not the cities and I want it to maintain it's woody, grassy and beauty. No more cement and tar. Natural flowers and trees for us to enjoy. I live here year round and I want to see the naturalness. If you are speeding to your vacation destination and don't want to look at it, fine don't. But don't take it away from those that love it. on Linkedin Email I don't want to see 371 lose it's tree or beauty. This is Up North not the cities and I want it to maintain it's woody, grassy and beauty. No more cement and tar. Natural flowers and trees for us to enjoy. I live here year round and I want to see the naturalness. If you are speeding to your vacation destination and don't want to look at it, fine don't. But don't take it away from those that love it. link

I don't want to see 371 lose it's tree or beauty. This is Up North not the cities and I want it to maintain it's woody, grassy and beauty. No more cement and tar. Natural flowers and trees for us to enjoy. I live here year round and I want to see the naturalness. If you are speeding to your vacation destination and don't want to look at it, fine don't. But don't take it away from those that love it.

Roxanne Carlson asked 9 months ago

Thank you for your input on the Hwy 371 Nisswa to Baxter study. We’ve added your comment to the feedback received from the public.

• Share I drive this road nearly every day sometimes multiple times a day at different times of the day. There’s only one major problem that I see every single time. That is people camping out in the left lane slowing up traffic. I rarely see people speeding. It’s the slow moving traffic that does not merge right or will go the same speed as the vehicle in the right lane that cause the problems. I sometimes see other drivers visibly frustrated and annoyed with it. Put some message boards up reminding people to get the hell over and let traffic go by. It’s the law! The more you keep traffic flowing the less it gets backed up. on Facebook Share I drive this road nearly every day sometimes multiple times a day at different times of the day. There’s only one major problem that I see every single time. That is people camping out in the left lane slowing up traffic. I rarely see people speeding. It’s the slow moving traffic that does not merge right or will go the same speed as the vehicle in the right lane that cause the problems. I sometimes see other drivers visibly frustrated and annoyed with it. Put some message boards up reminding people to get the hell over and let traffic go by. It’s the law! The more you keep traffic flowing the less it gets backed up. on Twitter Share I drive this road nearly every day sometimes multiple times a day at different times of the day. There’s only one major problem that I see every single time. That is people camping out in the left lane slowing up traffic. I rarely see people speeding. It’s the slow moving traffic that does not merge right or will go the same speed as the vehicle in the right lane that cause the problems. I sometimes see other drivers visibly frustrated and annoyed with it. Put some message boards up reminding people to get the hell over and let traffic go by. It’s the law! The more you keep traffic flowing the less it gets backed up. on Linkedin Email I drive this road nearly every day sometimes multiple times a day at different times of the day. There’s only one major problem that I see every single time. That is people camping out in the left lane slowing up traffic. I rarely see people speeding. It’s the slow moving traffic that does not merge right or will go the same speed as the vehicle in the right lane that cause the problems. I sometimes see other drivers visibly frustrated and annoyed with it. Put some message boards up reminding people to get the hell over and let traffic go by. It’s the law! The more you keep traffic flowing the less it gets backed up. link

I drive this road nearly every day sometimes multiple times a day at different times of the day. There’s only one major problem that I see every single time. That is people camping out in the left lane slowing up traffic. I rarely see people speeding. It’s the slow moving traffic that does not merge right or will go the same speed as the vehicle in the right lane that cause the problems. I sometimes see other drivers visibly frustrated and annoyed with it. Put some message boards up reminding people to get the hell over and let traffic go by. It’s the law! The more you keep traffic flowing the less it gets backed up.

fireman1069 asked 9 months ago

Thank for your input on the Nisswa to Baxter Hwy 371 corridor study . We’ve added your comments into the feedback received from the public.

Page last updated: 19 Apr 2024, 07:54 AM