What this policy covers
What personal information we collect
When you register to use this site, MnDOT collects information from you through the registration form. This information, including your email address, is collected and retained.
Please note that you may browse any publicly accessible sections of this website without site registration. If you do not register for the site, your site interactions will be anonymous. While MnDOT encourages you to register for the site, you are under no obligation to do so.
MnDOT collects information related to your interactions with this website. This information may include responses to surveys, comments in discussion forums, or any content created as part of the other available engagement opportunities.
MnDOT collects information about your usage of the site, including pages visited and documents downloaded.
How we use the information we collect
Any information MnDOT collects or retains is subject to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (MGDPA), Minn. Stat. Chapter 13. Information collected through this website may be shared with MnDOT employees, agents, consultants and contractors with a business need to access the information and others as required by court order or as authorized by federal or state law. Please note that Information you provide is generally considered public data under the MGDPA unless specifically excepted, meaning that if someone, including the news media, requests this information, MnDOT is obligated to provide it to them in a manner consistent with law.
MnDOT collects information in order to:
- Communicate information to you about engagement opportunities, events and other initiatives;
- Create and evaluate our agency and transportation planning objectives and obligations;
- Respond to inquiries and conduct other stakeholders engagement; and
- Ensure compliance with federal and state legal obligations, specifically including those under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. MnDOT is not responsible for the accuracy of links, content of linked websites, privacy practices of linked websites, or damage caused by linked websites. We encourage you to review the terms and conditions of usage and privacy policies of any linked websites before use. Since MnDOT is not responsible for these linked websites or their contents, you should direct any concerns regarding any external linked site to its site administrator.
While no online service is completely secure, MnDOT and the State of Minnesota take steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction.
Requesting access or correcting your personal information
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information and to rectify any inaccuracies within that personal information;
- The right to request the erasure of your personal information retained by MnDOT;
- The right to request your personal information be made available in portable, machine-readable format; and
- The right to withdraw your consent to MnDOT’s retention of your personal information.
If you wish to make a request to MnDOT relating to your personal information, please contact us as outlined below and include your name and contact information. MnDOT may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information.
In some cases, MnDOT may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information. If this occurs, we will explain why. All requests for access to personal information will be addressed within a reasonable timeframe.
Software Platform Privacy