The Hwy 65 and Hwy 23 Corridor Study was initiated by the Minnesota Department of Transportation to identify and prioritize improvements on two critical roadways within the City of Mora. These arterial roadways are critical for both the local community and greater region. A prior study of both corridors was completed in 2005, but since then the area has grown and conditions have changed. The study area includes both highways within city limits and portions of Hwy 65 to the south of city limits. Improvements have been made to both highways in recent years, but issues remain.
The study will seek to understand the following:
- Needs and opportunities in the corridor
- Establish purpose and need
- Goals and objectives
- Develop and evaluate alternatives
- Reach a consensus on a vision
- Develop an implementation plan that shows improvements
- Allows the vision to be achieved over time
The project team will utilize the history of the corridor to bring fresh ideas and innovative approaches to the proposed vision.
Thank you for your contribution!
Help us reach out to more people in the community
Share this with family and friends